In order to be considered for acceptance to the program, you are required to submit a passing score on either the PLACE or Praxis II exam for your specified content area no later than March 31, 2017.
In order to comply with this deadline, register for and take the test well before March 31, 2017 to ensure you receive and can submit your scores to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
To register, visit the the respective test website:
PRAXIS II: www.ets.org/praxis
- PLACE 01 with a passing score of 220 OR
- Praxis 5018 with a passing score of 163 (available through 9/1/16) OR
- Praxis 5001 with the below passing scores for each sub-test (available in CO after 9/1/16)
- Reading (5002) 157
- Math (5003)157
- Social Studies (5004) 155
- Science (5005)159
- Requires two content exams; Elementary Education and Special Education Generalist. (Special Education Generalist exam is not required for admission to the program, however will be necessary to apply for your CO teaching license)
PLACE #05 or Praxis II 0435/5435, (5435 is a computer based version of this test) Passing Score: 152 or
Meet the 24 credit hours for secondary science required by Colorado Department of Education content knowledge worksheet
- PLACE #04 or Praxis II 5161, Passing Score: 152 or
- Meet the 24 credit hours secondary math required by Colorado Department of Education content knowledge worksheet
Please see our FAQs for more information about the PLACE and Praxis II Tests.
In order to meet the DTR application deadline, the last day to take the PLACE test will be November 5, 2016.
Information Sessions for the 2016-2017 year
January 11, 2017 @5:30 pm - Information Session at DU's Morgridge College of Education
January 19, 2017 Webinar 6:00 pm
January 25, 2017 Application Deadline
February 8, 2017 Information Session @ 5:30 pm at Emily Griffith Campus