Also see our How to Apply section.
How do I apply and what is the application process?
Please refer to the following application and admissions timeline for the 2013-14 residency year:
- Complete and submit the online application and request that the supplementary documents be sent to the Denver Teacher Residency office by the application deadline. All application materials must be received by the application deadline in order to be considered.
- The final application deadline is Friday, February 15, 2013. There are a limited number of resident openings. These openings are filled by candidates who completed their application by the priority deadline first; if there are openings remaining, we will screen candidates who complete their application by the final deadline.
- Once you create an account, you can access your application at any time. The online application is the only type of application accepted.
- Select applicants will be invited to participate in a demonstration day, which includes additional screening activities, including an interview and teaching demonstration.
- Following demonstration day, selected candidates will be asked to submit a University of Denver application.
What are the application components?
- Click here to download the DTR Application Checklist PDF.
What tests are required to apply?
- Elementary Education applicants must take either the PLACE (elementary education #01) or Praxis II (elementary education content knowledge #0014 or computer-based #5014)
- Secondary Mathematics applicants must take the PLACE (mathematics #04) or Praxis II (mathematics #0061 or computer-based #5061)
- Secondary Science applicants must take the PLACE (science #05) or Praxis II (general science #0435 or computer-based #5435)
Do I need to take the GRE or the MAT?
- No. DTR applicants are not required to take the GRE or the MAT.
Can I reapply if I do not get admitted?
- Yes. You can reapply for DTR in the subsequent application year.