How do I apply and what is the application process?
- All interested applicants need to initiate an interest form on the Denver Teacher Residency website. Interest forms will be reviewed and applicants will receive an email with a link to the DTR application.
- Important update: All Denver Teacher Residency applicants must complete an online application through both DTR and the University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education Admissions Office. In order to be invited to demonstration day and considered for the program, both applications must be submitted by the deadline.
- For all questions pertaining to the application process, please call Denver Teacher Residency main line 720-423-1239.
What are the application components?
- Click here for the 2016/17 application checklist.
- Click here to view the DTR-DU application instructions.
Where and when do I send my official transcripts?
- One official copy of all transcripts from any university or college must be submitted to the DU Office of Graduate Studies in order for you to be formally admitted to the program. This means they must have your official transcripts on file if you are selected to join the program after our interviews on Demonstration Day. We strongly recommend you send one official copy of all your transcripts to the address below no later than your application deadline. You will still be eligible to interview without official copies submitted, but will be asked to provide unofficial copies in order to participate in Demonstration Day.
Office of Graduate Studies
Mary Reed Building, Room 5
2199 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80208
- In order to be considered for the 2016/17 cohort, send your transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies by January 24, 2016. In order to avoid a delay in your acceptance to the program, it is imperative you send DU copies of ALL your official transcripts.
- The Denver Teacher Residency will also require a copy of your official transcripts for your employment with the Denver Public School district. Please order an extra copy of all official transcripts, but hold on to the second copy until you are formally accepted to the program and are directed to submit transcripts.
What tests are required to apply?
- Elementary Education applicants must take either the PLACE (elementary education #01) or Praxis II (elementary education content knowledge computer-based #5018)
- Secondary Mathematics applicants must take the PLACE (mathematics #04) or Praxis II (computer-based #5161 – no paper-based exam is available)
- Secondary Science applicants must take the PLACE (science #05) or Praxis II (general science #0435 or computer-based #5435)
Do I need to take the GRE or the MAT?
- No. DTR applicants are not required to take the GRE or the MAT.
Can I reapply if I do not get admitted?
- Yes. You can submit another application for DTR in the subsequent application year.
Can I apply for the University of Denver’s Teacher Education Program and Denver Teacher Residency simultaneously?
- Yes, you may apply to both simultaneously. Your application for the Denver Teacher Residency is also an application for the Morgridge College of Education’s Teacher Education Program.
- Click here for a comparison chart of the Denver Teacher Residency and Teacher Education Program.
Information Sessions for the 2016-2017 year
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Webinar - Thursday, August 25, 2016