What are the applications costs of the program?
- There are some costs associated with applying to the program. The table below outlines the different costs you should expect to assume should you decide to apply and if you are accepted into the program. Please note that this is an estimate only and is not to be considered an exact calculation of the costs associated with the Denver Teacher Residency.
Initial Application Expenses PLACE Registration Fee $95 Praxis II Registration Fee $115 DU Application Fee $65 Additional Program Expenses DU Registration Deposit* $200 CDE Teaching License Fee* $99.50
- Residents cover application fees, books and other student fees associated with the University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education.
*Fees are only necessary if you are accepted into the program. These are approx costs.
Is there financial compensation during the Residency year?
- Yes. During the residency year and as part of the tuition reimbursement structure, residents receive a training stipend of $10,000*. This stipend is disbursed in 10 monthly payments (August through May). The amount of this stipend is determined by the District’s hardest to staff teaching areas.
*stipend subject to change
What is the cost of the master’s degree from DU?
- The cost of tuition for the entire master’s degree is approximately $32,000*.
- During Years 2-5 of the program, DTR will facilitate partial or full reimbursement sourcing (based on eligibility)*.
Do residents have access to health care?
- Yes. Residents can access health care through University of Denver.
- As a DTR resident and graduate student at DU, you have the option to enroll in DU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) through United Healthcare. Enrollment in DU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is optional. Residents may choose to go without health insurance, or select an alternative insurance of his/her choice.
- For complete details regarding coverage and fees associated with SHIP and DU-related health care, please review the HCC Graduate Handbook and the DU SHIP Brochure.
Information Sessions for the 2015-2016 year
August 12, 2015 approximate time 5:30 pm.
Additional dates to follow.
Denver Teacher Residency