What are the applications costs of the program?
- There are some costs associated with applying to the program. The table below outlines the different costs you should expect to assume should you decide to apply and if you are accepted into the program. Please note that this is an estimate only and is not to be considered an exact calculation of the costs associated with the Denver Teacher Residency.
Initial Application Expenses PLACE Registration Fee $95 Praxis II Registration Fee $80 DU Application Fee $65 Additional Program Expenses DU Registration Deposit* $300 CDE Substitute Teaching License Fee* $99.50
- Residents cover application fees, books and other student fees associated with the University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education.
*Fees are only necessary if you are accepted into the program.
Is there financial compensation during the Residency year?
- Yes. During the residency year, residents receive a training stipend, disbursed in 10 monthly payments. The amount of stipend is determined by the district’s hardest to staff teaching areas.
- Elementary Education Spanish (ELA-S K-5), Secondary Math (6-12), and Secondary Science (6-12) residents receive a $20,000 stipend
- Elementary Education English (ELA-E K-5) and Special Education (K-12) residents receive a $10,000 stipend
What is the cost of the master’s degree from DU?
- The cost of tuition for the entire master’s degree is approximately $28,000.
- During Years 2-5 of the program, DTR will facilitate reimbursement sourcing or directly reimburse you for full tuition costs.
Do residents have access to health care?
- Yes. Residents can access health care through University of Denver.
- As a DTR resident and graduate student at DU, you have the option to enroll in DU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) through United Healthcare. Enrollment in DU’s Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is optional. Residents may choose to go without health insurance, or select an alternative insurance of his/her choice.
- For complete details regarding coverage and fees associated with SHIP and DU-related health care, please review the HCC Graduate Handbook and the DU SHIP Brochure.
Denver Teacher Residency
Upcoming events and deadlines