What are the eligibility requirements for the Denver Teacher Residency?
All applicants must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree by no later than June 2015;
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 (preferred minimum GPA);
- Not hold a prior teaching license; and
- Not have misdemeanor(s) or felony(ies) on their criminal record
Elementary education and Special Education applicants (will earn certification in grades K-6) must:
- Submit a passing score report in either the PLACE (elementary education #01) OR Praxis II (elementary education content knowledge #5018) exam
Secondary mathematics applicants (will earn certification for grades 6-12) must:
- Submit a passing score report in either the PLACE (mathematics #04) or Praxis II (mathematics #5161) exam
Secondary science applicants (will earn certification for grades 6-12) must:
- Submit a passing score report in either the PLACE (science #05) or Praxis II (general science #0435 or #5435) exam
Am I eligible for the Denver Teacher Residency if I have a teaching license from another state or in a different area than those offered by DTR?
- No. Denver Teacher Residency is designed for aspiring teachers who do not yet have a teaching license. Applicants with a teaching license from another state: Please visit www.TeachinDenver.com and the Colorado Department of Education to explore Colorado licensure and teaching in Denver Public Schools.
Do I have to be a Colorado resident to be eligible for the Denver Teacher Residency?
- No. Our program does not have any state residency requirements, although you must live in Colorado during your participation in the program.
Information Sessions for the 2015-2016 year
July 22, 2015 approximate time 5:00 pm.
Additional dates to follow.
Denver Teacher Residency