An Affordable Way into Teaching.
Joining Denver Teacher Residency is a big commitment. That’s why the program is equally committed to making your journey into teaching affordable and attainable. DTR offers a generous stipend during your residency year as well as partial or full tuition reimbursement (based on eligibility) upon successful completion of the program.
- Stipend: During your residency year, receive a training stipend of $10,000*. This stipend is disbursed in 10 monthly payments (August through May).
*stipend subject to change
- Degree Amount: After you are granted the University of Denver’s scholarship, you will pay approximately $32,000* for the Master of Arts degree.
- Competitive Salary: As a full-time teacher of record in Denver Public Schools (DTR years 2-5) you earn a competitive salary as defined by ProComp, the district’s groundbreaking pay-for-results salary structure ($38,000-$41,000 starting salary with the potential to earn up to an additional $6,560 in bonuses for achieving student growth objectives, serving in a hard-to-staff position and/or a hard-to-serve school).
- Tuition Reimbursement: Receive tuition reimbursement through key federal- and district-based sources including, but not limited to:
- Year 1 – TEACH Grant ($4,000*)
- Years 2-5 – ProComp payment for professional development ($4,000)
- Health Care: You will have access to health-care benefits through the University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education.
Get Rewarded for Great Teaching.
All new teachers in Denver Public Schools are automatically enrolled in ProComp, a landmark, merit-based teacher pay plan that uses incentive opportunities to reward outstanding work. Diverse performance incentives are connected to everything from where and what you teach to results with your students.
A first-year teacher can earn up to $6,560 in ProComp incentives and salary increases for completing professional development, teaching in a hard-to-serve position and/or a hard-to-staff school and tuition reimbursement. For more information on how ProComp works, click here.
For more information on DTR’s Financial Structure, please see our FAQ section.
Information Sessions 2014/2015
No additional info sessions are scheduled at this time
Denver Teacher Residency