An Affordable Way into Teaching.
Joining Denver Teacher Residency is a big commitment. That’s why the program is equally committed to making your journey into teaching affordable and attainable. DTR offers a generous stipend during your residency year as well as partial or full tuition reimbursement (based on eligibility) upon successful completion of the program.
- Stipend: During your residency year and as part of the tuition reimbursement structure residents receive a training stipend of $10,000*. This stipend is disbursed in 10 monthly payments (August through May).
*stipend subject to change
- Degree Amount: After you are granted the University of Denver’s scholarship, you will pay approximately $40,000* for the Master of Arts degree.
- Competitive Salary: As a full-time teacher of record in Denver Public Schools (DTR years 2-5) you earn a competitive salary as defined by ProComp, the district’s groundbreaking pay-for-results salary structure ($39,000-$42,000 starting salary with the potential to earn up to an additional $6,560 in bonuses for achieving student growth objectives, serving in a hard-to-staff position and/or a hard-to-serve school).
- Tuition Reimbursement: Receive tuition reimbursement through key federal- and district-based sources including, but not limited to:
- Year 1 – TEACH Grant ($4,000*)
- Years 2-5 – ProComp payment for professional development ($4,000)
- Health Care: You will have access to health-care benefits through the University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education.
Get Rewarded for Great Teaching.
All new teachers in Denver Public Schools are automatically enrolled in ProComp, a landmark, merit-based teacher pay plan that uses incentive opportunities to reward outstanding work. Diverse performance incentives are connected to everything from where and what you teach to results with your students.
A first-year teacher can earn up to $6,560 in ProComp incentives and salary increases for completing professional development, teaching in a hard-to-serve position and/or a hard-to-staff school and tuition reimbursement. For more information on how ProComp works, click here.
For more information on DTR’s Financial Structure, please see our FAQ section.
Information Sessions for the 2016-2017 year
February 15, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - Information Session at DU's Morgridge College of Education
February 16, 2017 Webinar 6:00 pm
March 8, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - Information Session at Emily Griffith Campus
March 15, 2017 Information Session @ 5:30 pm at DU's Morgridge College of Education
Application Deadline: March 19, 2017